The State Bank of India, on April 26, 2021, released the official notification for the recruitment of Junior Associates (Sales & Customer Service). Being the largest public sector bank in the country, aspirants look forward to joining the organisation and secure themselves a stable and growth-oriented job profile in SBI.
As per the notification, the online applications are to be submitted between April 27, and May 17, 2021. The prelims are scheduled to be conducted in June, while the mains are tentatively scheduled for July 31, 2021. Thus, candidates must accordingly start their preparation. Applicants can get details about the SBI Clerk Admit Card for the two phases of online examination at the linked article.
The entire recruitment process starting from the release of notification to the declaration of the final result lasts for about 4 to 5 months. There are multiple things that candidates need to keep into consideration during the various stages of the recruitment and preparation for the examination.
Discussed below are the things which must be done and which can be avoided with regard to the SBI clerk exam 2021.
SBI Clerk – Recruitment Process
Before discussing the things which a candidate must and must not follow, given below are the different stages of the clerical cadre exam recruitment process.
- Release of official notification, wherein, the important exam dates, eligibility, scheme of selection, salary, documents required, etc., are mentioned
- Online Registration, filling in the application form and payment of the application fee is the second step. Candidates need to fill in their personal details, academic qualifications and other required information followed by paying the application fee, only then the registration is complete
- Pre-exam training is available for candidates belonging to certain categories and it is provided to make them familiar with the examination process
- Next is the release of admit cards. Separate admit card is released for both prelims and mains examination and candidates can download the same from the official website
- The next stage is conducting the examination. Aspirants must know that the prelims are only qualifying in nature and the final merit is based on the marks scored in the mains examination
- Then the final stage is the declaration of results and the provisional allotment of candidates to the various branches of SBI across the country
Bank Clerk Exam – Things To Be Avoided
- Considering the tough competition, candidates must not panic and think about the result while preparing for the exam. This may be a cause of stress for the candidates which can affect their final performance
- Do not set up goals that are hard to achieve. Make sure that the targets you set for preparation can easily be attained, else they may cause panic
- Do not leave things for the last minute. While setting up your time table or study plan, ensure that sufficient time is devoted for revision as well
- Try not to pick up new topics a few days before the exam. At least one to two months before the date of the examination must be spent on revision, solving mock tests and giving final touches to your preparation
- Do not start your preparation without going through the syllabus and exam pattern mentioned in the notification clearly. Although in the past few years no major changes have been made in the scheme of selection and syllabus for online exams, the conducting body reserves the right to change it any year
Bank Clerk Exam – Things To Do
- One of the most important things to remember is that the number of applicants is way more than the number of vacancies released. Thus, candidates must focus on smart preparation rather than detailed learning
- Those who are not much familiar with the exam pattern or the syllabus must turn to some external assistance for help. Various online portals and coaching institutes can help in the bank exam preparation
- Proper time must be devoted to understanding the concepts, practising questions based on them, revision and solving mock tests and practise papers based on the latest exam pattern
- All the information mentioned in the application form must be correct and documents referring to the same must be available with the candidates. The conducting body reviews all these documents and academic certificates before the final allotment
- Downloading admit cards and reaching the exam centres must always be done on time
Since not much time is left for the prelims examination, candidates can review the SBI Clerk Previous Year Question Paper to apprehend the level of the examination and also focus more on the topics which are important from the examination perspective.
Refer to the information given above and continue with your exam preparation. Also remember, only hard work and self-study can help a candidate qualify and ace the examination.