Every year, Washington attracts thousands of tourists from all over the continent and the world. If you are looking for true adventure, then Washington can be a perfect destination for you. You can go for trekking, river rafting, or explore the vast national parks. There are a lot of things you can do when you are in Washington state. You will never run out of an exciting thing to do when you are here. There are several places where you can visit when you are in Washington. Let’s take a look.
- Olympic National Park – this one of the most visited places in this state. From sandy pristine beaches to chilly mountaintops, Olympic National Park has it all. The park covers almost the whole of the Olympic Peninsula and you can head out for a scenic drive through the beautiful roads of this area. There are some very iconic coastal areas like the Ruby and Rialto Beach. Also, don’t forget to check the Hoh Rain Forest which is home to some ancient trees & flourishing fauna. The other top places here include Hurricane Ridge and the Sol Duc Hot Springs.
- Seattle Center – one of the best places for weekend getaways in Washington, Seattle Center is a fun place to be in. The mostly iconic location of this place is the Space Needle that is within the Seattle Center. This place was built back in the 1960s and now people visit this destination every day of the week. There are several other places you can check out that include Chihuly Garden and Glass and Museum of Pop Culture.
- San Juan Islands – situated in the north of Puget Sound, the San Juan Islands are some of the best islands in the state and is the fourth largest. It is easily accessible by ferry system and has a number of seafood restaurants, cafes, art galleries, and the famous San Juan Island National Historic Park. Friday Harbor, Eastsound, and Moran State Park are some of the popular places you can visit in the San Juan islands.
- Mount Rainier National Park – if you want to see some very iconic places in Washington then you cannot miss the Mount Rainier National Park. It is the tallest mountain peak in this state and stands at 14,410 feet. It is in South Seattle and the peak lies in the middle of the national park. Don’t forget to explore the Sunrise & Paradise regions of the park. They are covered with amazing flora and fauna with a very soothing ambience that gives you a wonderful feeling throughout the year.
- Seattle Downtown – large and densely packed city that promises a great night life to the tourists, Seattle Downtown is a very happening place in the state of Washington. If you want to sit back and relax, then the piers and parks of this area bring peace to your mind. Some of the iconic buildings that you can visit here include Pioneer Square and Benaroya Hall. The Waterfront is also a fantastic place to spend the day.
- Port Angeles – if you are a nature lover, then Port Angeles is the best place you can visit in Washington. It lies in the northern shores of the Olympic Peninsula and it is across the Strait of Juan de Fuca. This region is also popular for a number of adventure sports that includes hiking, fishing, birding, biking, and golfing. You can also access the Olympic National Park from Port Angeles and get mesmerized with the beauty of this region.
So, here are the top weekend getaways in Washington that you can visit in 2021.